May 25 - Value Village

I'm a couple of reviews behind, what with the giant conference bearing down train-like on me, but I did get downtown for a wee shopping trip yesterday. I was surprised to discover Value Village having a 50% sale on everything, so while I was only there for a couple of shirts (why pay retail?), I found a few books as well:
  • George S. Allen & John N. Owens, The Life History of Douglas-Fir ($2.99 - printed by the federal Forestry Service)
  • Eduardo Duran & Bonnie Duran, Native American Postcolonial Psychology ($3.99 - how does a book like this end up at Value Village, anyway?)
  • Alan Thein Durning, This Place on Earth: Home and the Practice of Permanence ($3.99 - a topic that makes me say, comfortedly, "Aaaahhhh...")
  • Al Gore, An Inconvenient Truth ($4.99)
  • Mark Hume (with Harvey Thommasen), River of the Angry Moon: Seasons on the Bella Coola ($4.99)
  • Joseph E. & Anne D. Forester, Silver Fox Odyssey: The History of the Canadian Silver Fox Industry ($2.99 - wicked cool, in an appalling sort of way)
  • Kirkpatrick Sale, The Conquest of Paradise: Christopher Columbus and the Columbian Legacy ($4.99)
  • Joanna Streetly, Paddling Through Time: A Kayaking Journey Through Clayoquot Sound ($3.99 - my second copy, drat it all)
  • Sheila Watson, The Double Hook (free, like every fifth book at the Village, and at least my second copy!)

Comments

Popular Posts