February books

A long and complicated month, frankly, one in which the book purchases can barely be tracked, let alone itemized:
  • Feb 1, Bolen's: Vancouver Matters, ed. James Eidse et al. ($21.95)
  • Feb. 11, some chain bookstore in Brno, Czech Republic: Too Loud a Solitude by Bohumil Hrabal (277 Czech crowns, or about $14.50)
  • Feb. 21, HDS Retail in the Frankfurt airport: The Gum Thief by Douglas Coupland (10.80 Euros, or about $17.30)
  • Feb. 21, HDS Retail in the Frankfurt airport: The Significance of the Frontier in American History by Frederick Jackson Turner (9.10 Euros, or about $14.60, one of those very stylish little volumes in the Penguin Books / Great Ideas series), and
  • Feb. 21, Watermark in the Toronto airport: Saudade: The Possibilities of Place, by Anik See ($18.95).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Saudade is very beautiful book, at turns intensely philosophical and then so personal and meditative that it made me weep. You have a treat in store for you!
Theresa K.
richard said…
Yes, I've already finished Saudade - I'm hoping to write my notes on it tonight! A gorgeous book: if I don't write notes tonight, I'll probably give it away before I get the chance.

And once I finished it and read the acknowledgements, I see she thanked you and John for your support - it's a very nice book to be credited with.

Popular Posts