Jan. 15 - Value Village

I wasn't intending to buy any books, honest, just updating (!?) my wardrobe a little, but I couldn't help myself:
  • Jamaica Kincaid, My Garden (Book): ($2.99 - punctuation in original)
  • Des Kennedy, An Ecology of Enchantment: A Year in a Country Garden ($3.99 - about his life on lovely Denman Island, which rests just off Vancouver Island in the Strait of Georgia)
  • Ann Lovejoy, The Ann Lovejoy Handbook of Northwest Gardening: Natural, Sustainable, Organic ($3.99)
  • ed. Penny Petrone, First People, First Voices ($3.99 - a 1983 collection of First Nations writings and speeches, mostly in snippet form but still interesting)
  • ed. Ted Stone, Riding the Northern Range: Poems from the Last Best-West (the fifth book was apparently free today - cowboy poetry)
My goal this year is to boost my purchases of new books above the 50% proportion by total number of books. It was already there last year by total dollars spent, but not close by number of books. Could be a challenge!

Comments

Popular Posts