Christmas is coming...

Honestly, I love this chair more than any other piece of furniture I've ever seen.

Apart from the shelves all over it, there's storage inside the arms for magnifying glasses, pencil sharpeners, even tissues (for the tear-inducing triple-decker Victorian novels all the kids are reading these days). No word on whether the lamp is electrical or battery-operated!

Presumably the wheel makes it function something like a barrow, when you need to get safer light for the manuscript you're working on. I don't see a reason for their quoted cost of more than $2000 Euros, though, so if there are any carpenters out there willing to give me a quote....

Comments

richard said…
Yes, I'm lusting after it badly....
would it be comfortable, though? it's all about the comfort. Because, really, is it ALL that much better than a recliner with a bookstand nearby?

hmm?
richard said…
Good question, Zoot. The cushion looks un-cush, on careful inspection, and the front wheel might make it tippy for those of us who like to read with legs tucked under on one side.

But it's not all about the comfort. I adore my squeaky and too-high 50s office chair, because it's green and metal and old, and because Facilities gave me a new one (since rejected) because they deemed the old one unsafe. (Four wheels, not five, and hence it can tip over backward.) No way was I letting an anonymous gray one in my sanctum.

Did I mention I'm a cranky old man?
funnily enough, I had worked that out...

you know, I was in your town the other day. we should meet for coffee!

some place with comfy chairs, though...
John Mutford said…
Lose the tire and about 1900 Euros and I'd consider it.

Popular Posts